Nationwide, the Swindon-based building society, has been voted as the best company to work for in the banking and finance sector for the second year running in a recent poll of graduate employees.
Out of all the companies polled, Nationwide came 17th out of 100.
The survey conducted by The Job Crowd, a leading graduate review website within the UK, was based on anonymous personal reviews written by current graduate employees covering a range of categories affecting their whole graduate experience.
Nationwide HR director Robert Aldrich said: “At Nationwide we recognise the need to invest in future talent and provide accessible routes into our organisation. We have always taken great pride in investing in our people, as recognised by our Investor in People Gold Champion Status and are committed to developing these high calibre candidates so that Nationwide can continue to successfully meet the needs of its 15m members.”
Nationwide’s overall ranking was 4.3 out of a possible score of five, with graduates scoring the society highly for company culture, colleagues and environmental awareness.
Comments from the Nationwide graduates included:
- Nationwide has the “best culture in the financial services industry”
- With a “very positive, supportive working environment”
- Graduate roles were “Very exciting and different on a day-to-day basis!”
- “Nationwide is a great company to work for”
- “It’s extremely nice to feel valued”
- “Nationwide is an amazing employer that really takes care of its employees”
Nationwide employs around 4,000 people at its head office in Swindon with a further 12,000 based in administration centres based in Northampton, Bournemouth and Dunfermline and throughout its branch network and call centres.